Immigration service

We offer applications for:

  • the Home Office and British posts abroad
  • all categories under the points based system (Tiers 1, 2, 4 and 5)
  • further leave to remain, initial and extension or switching
  • indefinite leave to enter or indefinite leave to remain
  • marriage and civil partnership
  • unmarried and same sex partner
  • dependant applications
  • visitor applications
  • registration certificates
  • residence cards and family member residence stamps
  • worker registration scheme
  • British citizenship (naturalisation and registration)

We also offer a nationality checking service for those applying for British Citizenship. All of the above services aren't restricted to Southwark residents.


  • advice only / checking service - £90
  • Settlement - £135 (single), £46 (additional dependents)
  • EEA applications - £97 (single), £41 (additional dependents)
  • Further Leave to Remain - £110 (single), £53 (additional dependents)
  • Entry Clearance - £170 (single), £45 (additional dependents)

Our fees may be paid by debit/credit card or cash. Please note that these fees are in addition to the normal fee payable to the Home Office for processing your application.

To use this service, call 020 7525 7270 and a non-refundable £20 deposit will be taken to secure an appointment. Any appointment cancelled with less than 24 hours notice or non attended will normally forfeit the deposit.  

Our service standards

We're committed to providing excellent service by:

  • assessing your immigration matters thoroughly and provide confidential immigration advice to best meet your specific immigration requirements
  • ensuring that you supply all the correct documents in support of your application
  • ensuring you use the correct application form(s) and pay the correct Home Office fee(s) to avoid delay
  • submitting your application on time and liaise with the Home Office if there are outstanding issues concerning your supporting documents or application
  • keeping you informed regularly of the progress of your application and its outcome

If you want to comment on the service, tell a member of staff or the service manager. Alternatively, fill in the compliment, complaint and comment online form.

If for any reason we're unable to resolve the problem between us or you don't wish to make your complaint through Southwark Council, you may make a complaint at any time to the Commissioner directly. The complaint should be sent to the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner.

We're licensed by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). We're also a member of the Immigration Law Practitioner's Association (ILPA).

Abuse of immigration laws

We're working with the UK Border Agency to identify marriages and civil partnerships which seek to abuse UK immigration laws.

Anybody found to be arranging, facilitating or entering into a marriage or civil partnership solely to gain permission to stay in the UK risks arrest or prosecution. Foreign nationals may also face deportation and be barred from re-entering the UK for up to 14 years.

Page last updated: 30 November 2017