Reuse and Recycling Centre
Resident van permits
If you're using a van or a similar vehicle designed mainly to carry goods, you can only use the recycling centre if you have a valid Resident Van Permit and follow the terms for using it.
Van access is restricted to 8.30am and 9.30am on the date you have selected when booking. You must complete all unloading and leave the site during this time. This is due to vans generally taking much longer to unload and can obstruct or cause hazards to other site users because of their larger size.
Full terms and conditions are included in the application process, but please note:
- you must attend during the time period and date stated on the permit and comply with site safety rules
- all waste must be separated by type and deposited correctly into the storage bays for each material
- trailers of any kind are not permitted, and only standard bodied vehicles can enter the site - no tippers or specialist vehicles can use the household recycling centre
- all waste must be from your own household, and you cannot include any commercial waste types or waste from any trade or business
- van permits are limited to four per calendar year for each property/resident in Southwark
- you must produce a driving licence and other ID with an address that matches the permit to be allowed access
Page last updated: 20 March 2023