Large (bulky) item collections
If you are a Southwark resident, we can collect large household items from your home. Sometimes called bulky waste, this includes items such as old furniture or fridges.
We charge £16 for collecting up to 10 items and there are no concessions available for this service. You will need to pay by credit or debit card during the online booking process.
Check what we can collect
Please check the list of items we can collect before making a booking.
You can only request that we collect bulky waste from your own household. We don’t provide this service for:
- households outside of Southwark
- landlords and property managers
- collection of hazardous waste
What happens after we receive your request
After receiving your online request and payment:
- we'll arrange the collection on your preferred weekday (an appointment will be given within 7 working dates)
- we'll send you a confirmation email with your collection date and reference number, within 24 hours of receipt of payment
- you will have to leave the items at the agreed location by 6am on the collection date
- on the day, we'll collect the items specified in your booking
Make changes or cancel your booking
You can’t make changes to your bulky waste collection request (eg alter the number of items) after the booking is confirmed. You can cancel the booking at any time but the fee is non-refundable. This is because vehicles and crews are allocated to each collection at the time of booking and there is a cost to the council.
If your bulky waste hasn't been collected
If your bulky waste collection was missed, you can use the form below to let us know. Please be advised that collections take place between 6am and 4pm.
Don’t dump your waste!
Report dumped waste online now to make sure it is cleared and investigated quickly.
Other ways to dispose of your waste:
- find out about waste and recycling for businesses
- dispose of hazardous waste such as asbestos or chemicals
- if you’re a Southwark resident you can also:
Page last updated: 03 October 2018