Presenting your business waste for collection
The correct presentation of your business waste ahead of collection helps keep our streets tidy and can prevent businesses from being prosecuted or fined.
- all business waste should be fully contained and tied in your commercial waste provider's sacks (not exceeding 7.5kg for general waste and recycling is 5.6kg)
- waste must be contained within the bin with the lid closed, preventing waste from escaping
- all cardboard must be flat packed into untied bundles and presented with your commercial waste provider's cardboard stickers (not exceeding 5kg)
- please note any waste placed out on the highway incorrectly is unauthorised and may lead to prosecution
- it is strictly forbidden for any unauthorised person to place waste in the rear of the waste provider's vehicle. Only trained authorised personnel should load vehicles
Page last updated: 24 January 2020