Get energy help with the Southwark Energy Savers Service
Get energy saving advice, or see if you're eligible for help paying your energy bills.
What does the Southwark Energy Savers service offer?
Help paying energy bills
You may be offered help with paying your bills if:
- you're using the service and are at risk of losing your home energy supply, for example if your energy supply is being disconnected because you cannot afford to pay your energy bills
- you're eligible for extra Government support this winter but haven't received it, or are struggling to access it
The service offers advice on energy saving. If you're eligible we can refer you to other local or regional forms of support to help reduce your energy bills or improve the energy efficiency of your home.
You can also find advice from these websites:
- Greater London Authority (GLA) Warmer Homes Scheme
- South London Healthy Homes
- Energy Saving Trust
- GOV.UK pages on energy efficiency
- Citizens Advice
Who can access the service?
The service will be available to anyone who lives or works in Southwark – and private landlords who rent out property in Southwark. While the service will be open to all, it is expected that it will particularly target low income households and other vulnerable households most affected by rising energy bills and impact of the cost of living crisis.
The service will be available face to face, by phone and online. Energy advice will also be offered through community outreach events (including Cost of Living Roadshows).
Who is delivering the Southwark Energy Savers service?
The Southwark Energy Savers service is a partnership between the Council and Citizens Advice Southwark. The new service will be delivered by Citizens Advice Southwark, building on and expanding services it already offers so that these are available to more people and can more effectively target those most in need.
Southwark Energy Savers service will open from 1st December 2022 and continue until at least the end of March 2025.
Page last updated: 30 November 2022