Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme
Beormund Primary Crosby Row SE1
Beormund Primary School Housing Project Crosby Row SE1/New Bellenden Primary School at Peckham SE15
- residential new build with new SILS KS4 pupil referral unit
- capacity - 95 units of mixed tenure (Private, Intermediate and Social housing units)
- Bell Phillips Architects
- we're proposing to relocate the existing Beormund Primary School to a larger site that will enable the development of a new and enhanced school; the existing Southwark Inclusive Learning Service School (Porlock Hall) is to be re-provided within a larger, state of the art facility within the proposed site boundary that will see its intake increase from 60 to 90 pupils
- the relocation of the main school allows the developer to include a long lease residential aspect on this site to directly fund other aspects of the programme
- the scheme consists of three residential blocks of 4, 5 and 6 storeys with a 5 storey block to Long Lane accommodating a two storey SILS4 Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) facility at ground and first floors; the massing of these blocks has been developed to minimise the daylight and sunlight impacts upon neighbouring buildings to Porlock Street, St Hugh’s Church and to the Lockyer Estate; the PRU has access to a play yard which is located between St Hugh’s Church and 87-89 Long Lane accessible from Crosby Row
Commercial space is provided at ground floor in all residential blocks, adding active frontage to Porlock Street and to a new landscaped yard at the centre of the site, accessed from Porlock Street.
A consultation event was held at 74 Long Lane (opposite Beormund Primary School), London SE1 4AU on Tuesday 4 April 2017 to discuss the proposal to deliver the housing project at Long Lane. This meeting was designed to introduce stakeholders to the scheme and obtain views about our design proposals.
Once a developer is appointed, further consultations will be carried out with stakeholders to ensure that stakeholders have a say in the design and delivery of the project. Stakeholder engagement is a key element in the success of this project.
The council is in the process of procuring for a development partner to deliver a mixed tenure development at the Beormund School site at Long Lane SE13 3RY. Initial tender has been received and the evaluation is underway to shortlist developers who will submit their final ITT.
Page last updated: 25 July 2018