Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme
Wyndham Road Redcar Street SE5
A residential mixed tenure development with the re-provision of Brandon Baptist Church, Finley Court and Carey Court.
- Clarion Housing Group
- Conran & Partners
- a feasibility study by Levitt Bernstein Architects showed 124 new homes could be delivered on the site, of which 42 would be a re-provision
- the council held their first public consultation in October presenting a draft proposal
- the council began a tender exercise to procure a development partner to deliver Lot B
- the council held a second public consultation in April incorporating resident feedback
- in April Clarion Housing Group entered into a partnership arrangement with the council to deliver Lot B
- in November the council held a public meeting to introduce the development team and talk about the way forward and how we will consult with local residents and stakeholders
- a copy of the public meeting presentation and points raised can be found below
Project Steering Group
A resident and stakeholder group set up by the council where a development takes place on or bordering a council estate. Its purpose is for the council/development partner to hold meaningful consultation with effective participation in the design development with a group of stakeholders/local residents. The group must be representative and speak on behalf of the residents/stakeholders impacted by the development.
- set up a Project Steering Group with a 1st meeting in January 2018
- hold a number of focus group meetings with the architects
- hold public consultations to present proposal ideas and capture resident/ stakeholder feedback
- work towards a planning submission by Autumn 2018
A meeting took place on 13 November 2017 at Brandon Baptist church to update local residents on the regeneration proposals and how consultation will take place over the course of the development. Take a look at the presentation here (pdf, 225kb).
See the feedback from the event here (pdf, 319kb).
Page last updated: 13 December 2017