Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme
We have the largest council home building programme anywhere in the country, combined with:
- record investment in bringing our existing council homes up to a decent standard
- securing the second highest number of new affordable homes through the planning system of any council in England
No other borough is as committed to tackling the housing crisis and investing in social housing as we are. We have an ambitious target to deliver 11,000 new council homes by 2043, with the first 1,500 by 2018.
We'll deliver our target through a combination of:
- in-fill development on our existing estates
- purchasing directly from developers
- developing land that we own through the Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme
As part of the council's commitment to build 11,000 new council homes by 2043, the Southwark Regeneration in Partnership Programme (SRPP) aims to provide new homes, improved public facilities and employment opportunities for local people through development partnerships.
Consultation on a number of sites and developer procurement is underway. We intend to have some schemes on site by 2016 to contribute towards the target of 1,500 homes by 2018.
- October 2015 - Cabinet Report on Developer Procurement Approach
- November 2015 to March 2016 - Developer Procurement
- April 2016 - Development Partner Approval
- Summer/Autumn 2016 - start on 'Quick Win' sites
Last updated: 11 August 2017