A crucial role of planning is to ensure the right types of infrastructure are delivered at the right time. Infrastructure can include transport, public realm improvements, schools, hospitals and energy and utilities networks.
Background papers for development plan documents
The following background papers support the approach taken with infrastructure polices and guidance in our development plan:
- Canada Water Infrastructure background paper (2014) (pdf, 1.2mb)
- Core Strategy Infrastructure background paper (2014) (pdf, 622kb)
- Core Strategy Infrastructure background paper appendix – maps of facilities in Southwark (pdf, 13.2mb)
- Peckham and Nunhead Infrastructure background paper (2013) (pdf, 4.6mb)
- Aylesbury AAP Section 106 background paper (2009) (pdf, 1.4mb)
Evidence base papers for CIL and section 106
The following background papers support the approach taken with the community infrastructure levy (CIL) and Section 106 legal agreements. These are tools used to secure investment in infrastructure and offset the impact on new developments' infrastructure.
You can find more information about CIL and Section 106 below:
- Background Paper on revised CIL and interim section 106 guidance for Old Kent Road (2017) (pdf, 734kb)
- Infrastructure Plan (May 2017) (pdf, 747kb)
- CIL Charging schedule background paper (2014) (pdf, 3.8mb)
Page last updated: 13 July 2017