New Southwark Plan consultation: area visions and site allocations
- Draft New Southwark Plan: Area visions and Site Allocations (preferred option) (pdf, 15.6mb)
- New Southwark Plan: Site Allocations methodology paper (pdf, 153kb)
Find the area vision and sites you’re interested and leave us feedback on our online consultation hub.
You can find out more information about the New Southwark Plan preferred option draft, as well as the supporting documents by following the link.
Planning policy mailing list
Area Visions provide the strategic vision for the future of Southwark’s distinct places and neighbourhoods. They set out key infrastructure enhancements, opportunities for public realm and transport improvements and growth opportunities for new homes and jobs. Area Visions also identify the prevailing character of different places to be renewed, retained or enhanced. Development proposals should be formulated in the context of the relevant Area Vision and should demonstrate how they contribute towards realising the strategic vision for that area.
We are consulting on Area Visions for:
- Bankside and The Borough
- Blackfriars Road
- East Dulwich
- Elephant and Castle
- Herne Hill and North Dulwich
- London Bridge
- Old Kent Road
Site Allocations are planning policies which apply to key potential development sites. Site Allocations set out the land uses that must be provided as part of any redevelopment, alongside other acceptable land uses that may be provided in addition to the required land uses. For example, Site Allocations may specify that development must provide new public open space, new public access routes, and new health or education facilities.
Note on Old Kent Road Area Vision
The detailed Area Vision for the Old Kent Road is being prepared separately through an Area Action Plan (AAP). The Area Vision contained in this consultation is based on the vision and detailed proposals presented in the AAP Preferred Option Version which was consulted on from June to November 2016. The Council will consider all consultation responses which were received in this previous stage of consultation in preparing an updated vision. As such, it is not necessary to resubmit any comments which have been made in respect of the Old Kent Road AAP Preferred Option consultation.
How to comment on the area visions and site allocations
Comments can be made in writing or via email and sent to the following addresses. You can also leave comments on our online consultation hub page here: https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/planning-and-regeneration/new-southwark-plan/
Post: FREEPOST SE1919/14
New Southwark Plan
Chief Executive’s Department
London SE1P 5EX
If you have any queries about this document, contact the Planning Policy team on 020 7525 5471 or by email at email@example.com.
LOCATIONS to view documents
Southwark Council, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH
Libraries (opening times listed individually below)
- Blue Anchor Library: Market Place, Southwark Park Road, SE16 3UQ (Monday; Tuesday & Thursday 09:00 – 19:00, Friday 10:00 – 18:00, Saturday 09:00 – 17:00)
- Brandon Library: Maddock Way, Cooks Road, SE17 3NH (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 14:00 – 17:00, Friday 10:00 – 15:00, Saturday 10:00 – 17:00)
- Camberwell Library: 48 Camberwell Green, SE5 7AL (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 20:00, Saturday 09:00 – 17:00, Sunday 12:00 – 16:00)
- Canada Water Library: 21 Surrey Quays Road, SE16 7AR (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 20:00, Saturday 09:00 - 17:00, Sunday 10:00- 16:00)
- Dulwich Library: 368 Lordship Lane, SE22 8NB (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 09:00 – 20:00, Tuesday 10:00 – 20:00, Saturday 09:00 – 17:00, Sunday 12:00 – 16:00)
- East Street Library: 168-170 Old Kent Road, SE1 5TY (Monday, Tuesday & Friday 14:00 – 19:00, Thursday 10:00 – 15:00, Saturday 10:00 – 17:00)
- Grove Vale Library: 25-27 Grove Vale, SE22 8EQ (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 14:00 – 17:00, Friday 10:00 – 15:00, Saturday 10:00 – 17:00)
- John Harvard Library: 211 Borough High Street, SE1 1JA (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 19:00, Saturday 09:00 – 17:00, Sunday 12:00 - 16:00)
- Kingswood Library: Seeley Drive, SE21 8QR (Monday – Thursday 10:00 – 14:00, Tuesday & Friday 14:00 – 18:00, Saturday 13:00 – 17:00)
- Newington Temporary Library: Elephant Artworks – Second Floor, Elephant Road, SE17 1LB (Monday - Friday 09:00 – 20:00, Saturday 09:00 – 17:00, Sunday 12:00 – 16:00)
- Nunhead Library: Gordon Road, SE15 3RW Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 14:00 – 19:00, Wednesday 10:00 – 15:00, Friday 10:00 – 15:00, Saturday 10:00 – 17:00)
- Peckham Library: 122 Peckham Hill Street, SE15 5JR (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 09:00 – 20:00, Wednesday 10:00 – 20:00, Saturday 10:00 – 17:00, Sunday 12:00 – 16:00)
The following MySouthwark Service Points, open Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Peckham MySouthark Service Point – 122 Peckham Hill Street, SE15 5JR
- Walworth MySouthwark Service Point – 376 Walworth Road, SE17 2NG
After the consultation
Following consultation on the Preferred Option Version for site allocations and area visions, we'll carefully consider all the feedback received. We'll then make any required amendments to the plan and publish and consult on the Proposed Submission Version. This version will include all sections of the draft plan and will be published toward the end of 2017. Following the proposed submission version consultation, we'll submit the draft plan and any comments received to the Secretary of State for a public examination.
Last updated: 26 May 2017