Article 4 Directions
Houses in multiple occupation
Henshaw Street, SE17
In 2014, the council implemented an Article 4 Direction to remove the permitted development right to change the use of a self contained dwelling house (use Class C3) to a small (between 3 – 6 people) house in multiple occupation (HMO) (Use Class C4) and vice versa to all the properties in Henshaw Street, SE17.
You can find the related documents for the Henshaw Street HMOs below, including the planning committee report which sets out the reasons for the Article 4 Direction.
- Planning committee report (pdf, 114kb)
- Delegated officer report (pdf, 169kb)
- Map of Henshaw Street (pdf, 462kb)
- Article 4 Direction - HMOs in Henshaw Street, SE17 (pdf, 874kb)
- Notice of confirmation (pdf, 42kb)
- Equalities Analysis (pdf, 180kb)
Bywater Place, SE16
The council made an immediate Article 4 Direction on 27 October 2016 to remove permitted development rights for the change of use of dwelling houses to small (between 3 – 6 people) Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) in Bywater Place, Surrey Docks, SE16. This is to prevent an overconcentration of HMOs in one area, to protect the amenity of residents and preserve the area's character. The Direction was confirmed by the council on 11 April 2017.
- Planning Committee Report (pdf, 89kb)
- Map of Bywater Place (pdf, 89kb)
- Confirmed Article 4 Direction - Bywater Place (pdf, 665kb)
- Equalities analysis (pdf, 92kb)
Page last updated: 01 February 2018