Rotherhithe parking zone consultation
Proposed parking zone
During 2016/17 we carried out a study on the possible introduction of a parking zone in a network of streets in Rotherhithe north of Brunel Road.
The consultation was carried out during September and October 2016. All properties within the study area received a consultation pack including the following:
- The consultation document (pdf, 416kb) (including frequently asked questions)
- A copy of the questionnaire (pdf, 135kb)
- A feasibility drawing (pdf, 1.8mb) (showing the proposal street area)
We have a thorough process to follow when deciding whether to implement a new parking zone. The key, past and future processes are summarised as follows:
- June and July 2016 - consultation methods discussed with the Bermondsey and Rotherhithe community council
- September and October 2016 - informal consultation
- Early 2017 - decision making
- Spring 2017 - statutory consultation
- Summer 2017 - implementation of the parking zone
You can view a copy of the Rotherhithe parking study report (pdf, 894kb) containing a detailed breakdown of the consultation results and officer recommendations.
Officers recommend that a parking zone should not be considered for this area. The majority of residents in this area have stated that they would not like to have a parking zone implemented on their road and that they do not have a parking problem. It's recommended that Parking Zone H will be extended to cover Brunel Road.
- Parking stress survey (pdf, 603kb)
- Consultation pack (pdf, 2.4mb)
- Additional comments (pdf, 42kb)
- Proposed double yellow lines (pdf, 909kb)
Last updated: 09 June 2017