Peckham Road south parking zone consultation
Proposed parking zone
During 2016/17 we carried out a study on the possible introduction of a parking zone in a network of streets in the Peckham Road South area.
The consultation was carried out in September and October 2016. All properties within the study area received a consultation pack including the following:
- the consultation document (pdf, 1.4mb) (including frequently asked questions)
- a copy of the questionnaire (pdf, 435kb)
- a feasibility drawing (pdf, 1.3mb) (showing the proposal street area)
We have a thorough process to follow when deciding whether to implement a new parking zone. The key, past and future processes are summarised as follows:
- June and July 2016 - consultation methods discussed with Camberwell and Peckham and Nunhead community councils
- September and October 2016 – informal consultation
- Early 2017 - decision making
- Spring 2017 - statutory consultation
- Summer 2017 – implementation of the parking zone
- 02 October 2017 – parking zone start date
You can view a copy of the Peckham Road South report (pdf, 826kb) containing a detailed breakdown of the consultation results and officer recommendations.
Officers recommend the implementation of a parking zone across the entire consultation area. The majority of residents in this area have stated that they would like to have a parking zone implemented. The majority have also stated that there is a parking problem and that this is mainly due to an increase in commuters in this area. It is recommended that this zone operates Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 6.30pm.
Page last updated: 29 September 2017