News Archive - 2017
All the businesses that were caught up inside the police crime scene following the London Bridge and Borough Market terror attack on Saturday 3 June are being offered automatic rate relief from Southwark Council.
Southwark Council’s services for children and families are “good”, says an Ofsted report published today. This puts Southwark in the top 28 per cent of the 146 local authorities inspected so far.
A statement from Councillor Stephanie Cryan, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Housing, regarding fire safety in Southwark blocks.
Some of the biggest names in the UK Reggae and Ska scene will be taking to the stage in Southwark Park this summer for this year’s FREE Bermondsey Carnival.
A week after the terror attack at London Bridge the police have now lifted the last of the cordons and left the crime scene.
A response from Eleanor Kelly, Chief Executive of Southwark Council, regarding leaked footage of the London Bridge terror attacks.
Update on situation around London Bridge and Borough Market (Tuesday 6 June)
Southwark Multi-Faith Forum Chair Musharraf Chaudhury said: "On behalf of the SMFF, I wish to express our deepest shock and sorrow at the horrific, senseless acts of terrorism that struck at the heart of our borough on Saturday night. "
We know where they are and we remain absolutely committed to honouring all war graves, and will not bury over them in any circumstances.
A Bermondsey based business man who imported and sold counterfeit DVDs, and other items, on eBay and Amazon has been given a suspended jail sentence of 24 months after being convicted of fraud, trademarks offences and - in a first for Southwark’s Trading Standards team - money laundering.