Survey of library users
You've told us how you feel about our libraries and we've responded accordingly.
At the end of November 2015, we conducted an adult library user survey for one week in all 12 libraries. The CIPFA Public Library User Survey is used by library services across England and Wales. Our surveys are conducted every three years with library users aged 16 and over.
A total of 3,115 adults completed our surveys, which includes:
- their views on library services
- a wide range of comments on additional services they'd like to see
- recommended changes to existing services
Our survey results showed:
- an overall satisfaction rating of 91% - the highest rating for Southwark Libraries since 2003 (1.1% up on 2012)
- customer care satisfaction rated at 91% - our highest rating since 2003 (1.1.% up on 2012)
- choice of books satisfaction rated at 80% - the highest rating since 2003 (8.1% up on 2012)
We've already implemented some of the ideas you've suggested in your feedback - and there's a lot more changes in the making. Over the next few weeks and months, we'll be highlighting some of the ways you've helped improve library services. You can follow @SouthwarkLibs on Twitter for updates.
We want to thank everyone who took the time to complete the survey. We'll be running a similar in-depth survey for children and young adults early next year.
In the meantime, send us your comments and suggestions via Twitter @SouthwarkLibs or email us.
Page last updated: 08 September 2017