Employ an apprentice
We're committed to working with local businesses as key partners in helping us to grow a strong local economy. The Southwark Apprenticeship Standard sets out our plans to develop apprenticeships and support employers to create high quality schemes for their businesses.
If you’re new to apprenticeships, you can find more information here.
Free business support is available for any Southwark employer looking to create apprenticeships. Our team is on hand to answer questions and guide you through the process.
- help deciding which apprenticeship is right for your business
- access to a range of recruitment channels free of charge
- a training provider directory (pdf, 73kb) to help you choose the best provider
- advice and guidance about managing an apprenticeship, including resources for new managers
- on-going support once your apprenticeship has started
For help creating your apprenticeship, contact Rahul Sabir or call 020 7525 3532.
If you’re ready to recruit, contact Sahan de Abrew or call 020 7400 6277 and ask for the Southwark council pre-apprenticeship team.
For more information about how we can support your business, see our business portal.
Page last updated: 01 November 2017