Sections including Council Tax are available on our beta site. We're adding new sections all the time - we've recently added Business rates. Please give them a try and tell us what you think...
The Elmington resident steering group
The Elmington resident steering group (ERSG) was open group that met regularly at Owgan Close to have input into the development of the Elmington regeneration project. The ERSG has now disbanded due to a majority of its members moving from the estate as part of the decanting process. Consultation has continued through the two tenants and residents associations on the estate, Mid and Poet's Corner.
The Elmington resident steering group consisted of
- Tenants and leaseholders from the blocks affected by the regeneration proposals
- The chairs of the Poet's Corner and Mid-Elmington tenant and resident associations
- The Camberwell East Area Forum chair
- Council officers
The role of the Elmington resident steering group was to ensure meaningful resident consultation and effective participation in decision making on all aspects of the redevelopment of the Elmington Estate. The Resident steering group was not a decision making group but made recommendations to the Council. They also provide local residents with information about the regeneration project at tenants and resident association meetings, area forum meetings and other events, so that residents were regularly updated.
Some of the things that the Elmington resident steering group was involved include
- Influencing the design of the Benhill Nature Garden
- Evaluation of developer submissions to build new homes
- Developing a way of monitoring the impact of the regeneration on the community
The minutes of Elmington RSG meetings are a matter of public record.