Libraries and Young Volunteers
Young Volunteers Needed
Children and Young People's Library Survey 2014
We have a volunteer opportunity for young people age 15 to 17.
Between Monday 17 February to Sunday 2 March 2014, all Southwark Libraries will carry out the children's and young peoples survey.
The Purpose of the survey is to:
We want to know more about how children and young people use their local library so that we can continue to provide a great library service. We will ask children, parents and carers to complete a questionnaire while they are in the library.
Tasks for the volunteer
Once recruited training will be provided and the volunteers will assist library staff in the following areas:
- Meet and greet participants.
- Distribute surveys to parents/carers, children and young people.
- Explain to members of the public why we carry out the survey.
- When necessary, to assist children to complete the survey.
- Collect surveys or ensure questionnaires are submitted once completed.
- Thank participants for taking part.
The Benefits - Volunteering in libraries can assist you to gain:
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, Volunteers Section
- The vInspired Awards
- Improved employment prospects for the future
- Experience of working in a local authority
- Improved inter-personal skills
For more information contact:
Click on this link to find out more about Volunteering in Southwark Libraries.