Reading activities for children
Chatterbooks reading groups for ages eight to twelve
Do you love reading? Talk about your favourite books and authors or make creative arts and crafts about your favourite book characters. Chatterbooks gets children sharing views and ideas and reading together. Parents are welcome and there is no need to book, just turn up and join in! The groups are open to children from age eight to twelve.
When and where
- Blue Anchor library - first Tuesday of every month 4pm to 5pm
- Brandon library - last Thursday of every month 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Camberwell library - first Saturday of every month 3.30pm to 4.45pm
- Canada Water Library - first Thursday of every month 4pm to 5pm
- Dulwich library - second Monday of every month 5pm to 6.15pm
- East Street library - first Tuesday of every month 4pm to 5pm
- Grove Vale library - Held every second Saturday 2pm to 3pm
- John Harvard library - fourth Thursday of every month 4pm to 5pm
- Kingswood library - third Tuesday of every month, 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Nunhead Library - last Thursday of every month 5pm to 6pm
- Peckham library - fourth Thursday of every month 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Southwark Book Award A reading project for Year 6 and 7 pupils in the Southwark area of London.
- ShoutAbout! An online creative writing magazine. Send your stories to published authors and lots more.
- Reading Matters is a great site featuring book reviews written by children and teenagers
- JK Rowling's own website is a must for all Harry Potter fans!
- Cool Reads - has book recommendations by children ten years and over
- Achuka - has lots of links to your favourite authors and illustrators
- Kids On The Net - teachers can help children to write creatively
Visit the children's Library Service page to find out more about activities in libraries.