John Harvard Library
211 Borough High Street
Tel: 020 7525 2000
Fax: 020 7378 9917
How to get to the library
Tube: Borough or London Bridge
Train: London Bridge
Bus: 21, 35, 40, 133, 343
Temporary extension of John Harvard Library opening times
From Tuesday 2 April 2013 until further notice the opening hours at John Harvard Library will be extended as Newington Library on Walworth Road is closed due to the fire on 25 March 2013.
- Monday 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday 9am to 8pm
- Wednesday 9am to 8pm
- Thursday 9am to 8pm
- Friday 9am to 8pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday 12 noon to 4pm
Activities for children this summer
How to make your dragon: Will your dragon be, masterful, friendly or invincible? We'll show you how to make a fabulous dragon, Saturday 26 July 2014, 2pm to 4pm, age 4 years and above.
Mythical Makeover: Will you be Medusa, a Troll, Unicorn a Mermaid or something else... Wednesday 30 July 2014, 2.30pm to 4pm, age 4 years and above.
Myth Storymaker: Using characters from the mythical world, create your story and act it out, Wednesday 6 August 2014, 2.30pm to 4pm, age 4 years and above.
The Amazing Mythical Hunt: Find your Trolls, Mermaids, and Unicorns in the library, Wednesday 13 August 2014, 2.30pm to 3.30pm, age for all the family.
Dragon Rap and Rhyme: Discover the magical world of dragons, witches and wizards through the raps and rhymes of children's comedy poet, Neal Zetter, Thursday 14 August 2014, 2.30pm to 3.30pm, age 6 to 12.
Legendary Masks: Make a mask of a Minotaur, Mermaid, Cyclops or a Dragon, Wednesday 20 August 2014, 2.30pm to 4pm, age 4 years and above.
Step into the Mythical Maze Game: With a roll of the dice, take yourself on an adventure through the tunnels of the labyrinth, in a race to be the first to find your way home, Wednesday 27 August 2014, 2.30pm to 4pm, age 4 years and above.
What else is on offer
- 51 adult study spaces available
- Blu-ray films and PS3 collection
- Baby and toddler sessions run every Tuesday between 10.30am and 12pm. Term time only
- Bookstart plus sessions every Thursday during term time 10am to 11.30am and 1pm to 2.30pm
- Family learning: Help your child with homework course, Wednesdays, during term time 4pm to 6pm
- John Harvard library book group runs on the third Friday of every month, 1pm to 2pm
- Classic literature book group runs on the last Monday of every Month, 1pm to 2pm
- Chatterbooks fourth Thursday of every month, 4pm to 5pm For ages eight to 12
- Computer taster sessions every Monday and Friday. Please book in the library
- Photocopying facilities
- Free internet access and Wi-Fi
- Public toilets and baby change facilities
Access for people with disabilities
There is full wheelchair access to the library. There is a disabled access toilet.