Sections including Council Tax are available on our beta site. We're adding new sections all the time - we've recently added Jobs and careers. Please give them a try and tell us what you think...
East Street Library
168-170 Old Kent Road
email: Southwark Libraries
How to get to the library
Bus: 21, 42, 53, 63, 172, 453
- Monday 2pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 2pm to 7pm
- Wednesday Closed
- Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Friday 2pm to 7pm
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Sunday closed
A taste of Latin America on the Old Kent Road
Southwark libraries invites you to come and try out East Street Library's Spanish language collection.
Situated on the corner of Old Kent Road and East Street this friendly local library is just a few minutes away from the Elephant and Castle.
The collection features:
- Fiction from a wide range of Latin American authors
- Spanish translations of popular titles from around the world
- A range of non fiction including history, biographies and cookery books
- Language courses for Spanish speakers learning English
- Children's titles in Spanish and in dual language Spanish and English
- The best of Latin American cinema on DVD
All books and language courses are free to borrow and world cinema DVDs are just £1 for a one week rental.
It doesn't matter where you live or work, anyone can join Southwark libraries and borrow items from the collection!
All the books have been selected by the Latin American community, with the support of the Latin American Women's Rights Service.
Children: weekly and monthly activities
- Baby and toddler sessions, every Thursday 10am to 12.30pm.
- Homework Help, every Monday, 4pm to 6pm. Term time only
Adults: weekly and monthly activities
- Feel Better with a Book, a chance to relax, make friends and enjoy a fresh way to share reading. Every Tuesday, 2pm to 4pm
- English + is an informal ESOL group. Every Tuesday, 4pm to 5.50pm
- Conversation Cafe is a chance for speakers of other languages to practice their English language skills. Every Saturday, 1pm to 2pm
- Free computer classes and learning in libraries.
What else is on offer
- Book, talking books and DVDs to borrow
- Adult study spaces available
- Photocopying and printing facilities
- Free internet access - 5 PCs available for public use
- Free Wi-Fi
There is wheelchair access to the library. There is no toilet and no dedicated parking.