368 Lordship Lane
Tel: 020 7525 2000
Fax: 020 7525 6221
How to get to the library
Bus: 12, 40, 176, 185, 197
Train: East Dulwich
- Monday 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday 10am to 8pm
- Wednesday 9am to 8pm
- Thursday 9am to 8pm
- Friday 9am to 8pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday 12pm to 4pm
Activities for children this summer
- How to make your dragon: Will your dragon be, masterful, friendly or invincible? We'll show you how to make a fabulous dragon, Friday 25 July 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm, Age 4 and above.
- The Cuming Museum Presents Mythical Creatures: Discover the story of the Japanese Kylin, then create your own mythical creatures to take home and bring you good luck! Saturday 26 July 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. For all the family.
- Mythical Makeover: Will you be Medusa, a Troll, Unicorn a Mermaid or something else... Thursday 31 July 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. Age 4 and above.
- A dragon slaying adventure with Saint George: children uncover the truth of this great story. This story is told by actor, Lawrence Anthony. Tuesday 5 August 2014, 2.30pm to 4pm. Age 4 and all the family.
- Myth Storymaker: Using characters from the mythical world, create your story and act it out. Thursday 7 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. Age 4 and above.
- Comic and Graphic Novel workshop with Emily Fellah Graphic Artist: Create your own graphic novel character, play drawing games and learn to draw a mythical character. Thursday 7 August 2014, 5pm to 6.30pm. Age 7 to 14 years.
- The Amazing Mythical Hunt: Find your Trolls, Mermaids, and Unicorns in the library, Thursday 14 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. For all the family.
- Legendary Masks: Make a mask of a Minotaur, Mermaid, Cyclops or a Dragon, Thursday 21 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. Age 4 and above.
- Step into the Mythical Maze Game: With a roll of the dice, take yourself on an adventure through the tunnels of the labyrinth, in a race to be the first to find your way home, Thursday 28 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. For all the family.
- Teen Film Club: Every Tuesday from 29 July 2014 to 2 September 2014, 4.30pm to 7pm. For young people 12 years and above.
- Baby Rhyme Time: Every Wednesday from 30 July 2014 to 27 August 2014, 11am to 11.30am.
What else is on offer
- 61 adult study spaces available
- Baby and toddler sessions. Every Thursday, 10.30am to 12pm and 1.30pm to 3pm. Term time only. Refreshments available
- Baby rhymetime
Every Wednesday, 11am to 11.30am. Sessions run during term time and holidays
- Children's reading group, chatterbooks. Second Monday of each month, 4pm to 5pm. Refreshments available
- Homework Help, every Tuesday during term time, 4pm to 6pm.
- Goals: Every Saturday, term time only, 2pm to 4pm, 10 to 18 years
- Adult reading group on the last Thursday of every month, 7.30pm to 9pm
- Nintendo WII Games, first Wednesday of the month, 4pm to 5.30pm. For children age 5 to 14.
- Board Games, every Thursday 4pm to 5pm, for children age 5 to 14.
- Biography reading group on the second Wednesday of every month from 1pm to 2pm
- Poetry reading group on the first Friday of each month, 2pm to 3.30pm
- Film club matinee, every Monday, 1.30pm apart from Bank Holiday Mondays. Occasional evening screenings and movies for children. For more details and to join the mailing list please phone or email David Penn on 020 7525 6234.
- Craft club, fourth Tuesday of every month, 2pm to 3.30pm
- The monthly event for adults, second Tuesday of each month, 2pm to 3pm. Refreshments available
- Manga club , first Thursday of every month, 5.30pm to 6.30pm. For ages 10 to 18
- Photocopying facilities, colour and black and white
- Free internet access and word processing facilities. You may need to book in advance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free computer classes and learning in libraries
The library contains a comprehensive collection of music CDs, as well as the borough's collection of music scores.
There is wheelchair access to the library including a lift to the study information area and hall on the first floor. There is a disabled access toilet.
There are two disabled parking spaces directly outside the library on Eynella Road.