Blue Anchor Library
Blue Anchor Library reopens following refurbishment
The major refurbishment of Blue Anchor Library has now been completed and the library reopened on 12 May 2014. Work has included the replacement of the ceilings, flooring and installation of new heating and lighting. Self service technology has been introduced, along with better study spaces and free wi fi alongside the free internet access on the public PCs.
The children's library now features a series of panels from acclaimed illustrator Nick Maland and lots of new furniture and book displays. The adult library has been reorganised with better displays, a clearer layout and panels featuring historic photographs of the Blue Anchor area.
Thank you to all Blue Anchor Library users for their patience while the work was undertaken - we hope everyone enjoys the new look library.
Southwark Park Road
Tel: 020 7525 2000
Fax: 020 7525 6302
How to get to the library
Bus: 1, P12, 381
- Monday 9am to 7pm
- Tuesday 9am to 7pm
- Wednesday closed
- Thursday 9am to 7pm
- Friday 10am to 6pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday closed
Activities for children this summer
- Mysterious Dragons with author Margaret Bateson-Hill: Dragons will come to life when you hear fantastic stories. Tuesday 29 July 2014, 2pm to 3pm, age 4 and above.
- Myth Storymaker: Using characters from the mythical world, create your story and act it out. Thursday 31 July 2014, 2.30pm to 4pm, age 4 and above.
- Mythical Makeover: Will you be Medusa, a Troll, Unicorn a Mermaid or something else... Tuesday 5 August 2014, 2pm to 3pm, age 4 and above
- How to make your dragon: Will your dragon be, masterful, friendly or invincible? We'll show you how to make a fabulous dragon, Thursday 7 August 2014, 2pm to 3pm, age 4 and above.
- The Amazing Mythical Hunt: Find your Trolls, Mermaids, and Unicorns in the library, Thursday 14 August 2014, 2pm to 3pm, all ages.
- Legendary Masks: Make a mask of a Minotaur, Mermaid, Cyclops or a Dragon, Thursday 21 August 2014, 2pm to 3pm, age 4 and above.
- Step into the Mythical Maze Game: With a roll of the dice, take yourself on an adventure through the tunnels of the labyrinth, in a race to be the first to find your way home, Thursday 28 August 2014, 2pm to 3pm, for all the family.
What else is on offer
- 6 adult study spaces available
- Bookstart plus session, every Monday during term time 10.15am to 11.45am
- Baby and Toddler Session, during term time, every Thursday 10.30am to 11.30pm.
- First Tuesday club for adults. A regular programme of talks and events. First Tuesday of the month, 10.30am to 12 noon
- Blue Anchor library book group takes place on the first Tuesday of every month 7pm to 8.30pm
- Chatterbooks, first Tuesday of every month, 4pm to 5pm. For ages seven to 12
- Chess club, every Tuesday apart from the first Tuesday of each month, 4pm to 5.30pm. For ages 7 to 12
- Photocopying facilities
- Free internet access and word processing facilities. You may need to book in advance
- Free computer classes and learning in libraries
There is wheelchair access to the library and a disabled toilet. There is no dedicated disabled parking.