Blue Anchor Library
Blue Anchor Library closure for refurbishment
Blue Anchor Library is going to be refurbished during March/April 2014 to install self service technology and to improve the layout and facilities in the library.
The library will be closed for these essential building works from 7pm on Tuesday 11 March to Sunday 27 April inclusive.
Blue Anchor Library will reopen at 9am on Monday 28 April.
The nearest library to Blue Anchor is Canada Water.
You can use your Southwark Council library card at any Southwark library and items on loan can be renewed online or by calling 020 7525 2000. You can return items to any other Southwark library or by taking them to the My Southwark Customer Service Point at 11 Market Place SE16, where there will be a returns box.
Thank you for your support and sorry for any inconvenience caused during the refurbishment. We look forward to bringing you your new and improved library in April.
Southwark Park Road
Tel: 020 7525 2000
Fax: 020 7525 6302
How to get to the library
Bus: 1, P12, 381
- Monday 9am to 7pm
- Tuesday 9am to 7pm
- Wednesday closed
- Thursday 9am to 7pm
- Friday 10am to 6pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday closed
What else is on offer
- 6 adult study spaces available
- Bookstart plus session, every Monday during term time 10am to 11.30am
- Baby and Toddler Session, during term time, every Thursday 10.30am to 12pm.
- First Tuesday club for adults. A regular programme of talks and events. First Tuesday of the month, 10.30am to 12 noon
- Blue Anchor library book group takes place on the first Tuesday of every month 7pm to 8.30pm
- Chatterbooks, first Tuesday of every month, 4pm to 5pm. For ages seven to 12
- Photocopying facilities
- Free internet access and word processing facilities. You may need to book in advance
- Free computer classes and learning in libraries
There is wheelchair access to the library and a disabled toilet. There is no dedicated disabled parking.