Three sections - 'Council Tax' , 'Benefits and support' and 'Bins and recycling'- are now available on our beta site. Please give them a try and tell us what you think. We'll be adding more shortly.
122 Peckham Hill Street
email: Southwark Libraries
How to get to the library
Bus: 12, 36, 37, 63, 78, 136, 171, 177, 197, 343, 345, 363, 381, 436, P12, P13
Rail: Train to Peckham Rye
- Monday 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday 9am to 8pm
- Wednesday 10am to 8pm
- Thursday 9am to 8pm
- Friday 9am to 8pm
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Sunday 12pm to 4pm
Children: weekly and monthly activities
- Baby rhyme time for under fives, every Monday at 2pm to 2.30pm and every Friday 10.15am to 10.45am
- Baby and toddler session every Tuesday at 10.30am to 12pm.
- Bookstart Session every Wednesday during term-time, 10am to 11.30am
- Story Stop: Do your shopping then take a rest and stop off for a story. For children 3 to 8 years and the family, every Saturday, 11.30am to 12noon.
- Chatterbooks group fourth Thursday of every month, 4.30pm to 5.30pm. For ages eight to 12 years.
- Homework Help Drop In For Children, Wednesdays during term time, 4pm to 6pm
- Peckham Wii Gaming Club, every Friday, 4pm to 5.30pm, for 10 years and over.
Adults: weekly and monthly activities
- Feel better with a book, every Wednesday 1pm to 2pm. Adult group where short stories and poems are read aloud. All welcome
- Adult reading group last Tuesday of every month, 6.30pm to 8pm. Please contact Sandra Agard for information about upcoming titles for discussion
Refreshments are available
- Knitting Club first and third Monday of every month, 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Over 50s Club first Friday of every month, 11am to 12.30pm
- Free computer classes and learning in libraries
What else is on offer
- Books, talking books, DVDs, Blu-ray films, CDs, and PS3 games to borrow
- 70 adult study spaces available
- Free internet access - 28 PCs available for public use
- Photocopying and scanning facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Mobile recycling centre every third Wednesday of each month - bring along unwanted textiles and shoes; CDs/DVDs; electricals; ink-jet cartridges; lighbulbs and scrap wood and metal. Speak to a recycling officer about recycling and waste services in Southwark
- Meeting rooms for hire
Peckham's Black writing collection features a wide selection of black interest books and the library also features the largest collection of African music CDs in the borough. Peckham also houses a fantastic range of graphic novels
There is full access for people with disabilities including a lift to the library on the fourth floor and the activity 'pods' on the fifth floor. If you would like assistance with using the lift, please speak to a member of staff on the ground floor or fourth floor.
The following facilities are also available:
- Disabled access toilets
- Reading edge machine
- CCTV magnifier
- Evacuation chairs for emergency use