Canada Water Library
21 Surrey Quays Road
Tel: 020 7525 2000
Win a £100 book token and free DVD rentals for a year
Almost one million items have been borrowed from Canada Water Library since it opened in November 2011. We anticipate that the one millionth loan will take place late June / early July 2014. The person who borrows the millionth item from Canada Water Library will win a £100 book token, free DVD and CD rentals for a year, two tickets for a Canada Water Culture Space event and lots more. So head over to Canada Water Library and start borrowing to give yourself a chance of winning our millionth loan prize.
How to get to the library
Tube: Canada Water, Surrey Quays
Train: South Bermondsey
Bus: 1, 47, 188, 199, 225, 381, C10, P12
Ground floor lobby: for cafe, internet, book returns and quick choice selections
- Monday 8am to 8pm
- Tuesday 8am to 8pm
- Wednesday 8am to 8pm
- Thursday 8am to 8pm
- Friday 8am to 8pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday 10am to 4pm
- Monday 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday 9am to 8pm
- Wednesday 9am to 8pm
- Thursday 9am to 8pm
- Friday 9am to 8pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday 12noon to 4pm
Activities for children this summer
See also activities at the Culture Space located in Canada Water Library.
How to make your dragon: Will your dragon be, masterful, friendly or invincible? We'll show you how to make a fabulous dragon, Saturday 26 July 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. Age 4 and above.
Step into the Mythical Maze Game: With a roll of the dice, take yourself on an adventure through the tunnels of the labyrinth, in a race to be the first to find your way home, Monday 28 July 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. Age 4 and above.
Pokemon Origami, fold a paper Pikachu and make other origami Pokemon, Tuesday 29 July 2014, 4pm to 5.30pm, ages 10 to 17.
The Computer Maze Game: See how fast you can travel around the maze, Monday 4 August 2014, 2pm to 4.30pm, age 6 and over.
Mythical Makeover: Will you be Medusa, a Troll, Unicorn a Mermaid or something else... Thursday 7 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm, Age 4 and above.
The Cuming Museum Presents Mythical Creatures: Discover the story of the Japanese Kylin, then create your own mythical creatures to take home and bring you good luck! Saturday 9 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. For all the family.
Myth Storymaker: Using characters from the mythical world, create your story and act it out, Monday 11 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. Age 4 and above.
Naruto Headbands, Make you own Naruto style ninja headband, Tuesday 12 August 2014, 4pm to 5.30pm, ages 10 to 17.
The Amazing Mythical Hunt: Find your Trolls, Mermaids, and Unicorns in the library, Monday 18 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. For all the family.
Manga Cubeecraft, create cubeecraft models of your favourite Manga Characters, Tuesday 26 August 2014, 4pm to 5.30pm, ages 10 to 17
Legendary Masks: Make a mask of a Minotaur, Mermaid, Cyclops or a Dragon, Thursday 28 August 2014, 2pm to 3.30pm. Age 4 and above.
What else is on offer
- 41 quiet study spaces for adults on the gallery floor
- Free internet and Wi-Fi
- 48 pcs available for public use
- Books, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray films, PS3 and Wii games to borrow
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Water's Edge cafe
- Theatre, music, comedy and dance in the Culture Space
- Author talks and events: please email Nuala Graham to join the mailing list
- Conversation cafe: English for speakers of other languages - a friendly drop-in session every Thursday, 11.45am to 12.45pm
- Daytime adult book group, fourth Thursday of every month, 2pm to 3pm
- Evening adult book group, second Thursday of every month, 6.45pm to 8pm
- Poetry group, first Thursday of the month, 6pm to 7pm
- Feel better with a book, every Wednesday 11am to 1pm
- Creative writing group, alternate Mondays, 1pm to 3pm
- Free computer classes and learning in libraries, every week, Monday to Sunday
- Adult taster sessions, Third Thursday of every month, 6pm to 7pm.
Try your hand at a different skill every month - contact Bex Gilbert for more details
- Baby and toddler session for under fives, every Thursday 11am to 11.45am, term time only
- Baby Rhyme Time, every Tuesday, 2pm to 2.30pm, term time only.
- Bookstart session for under sixes, every Monday 10am to 11.30am, please check in library for dates
- Chatterbooks, First Thursday of every month, 4pm to 5pm. Age 8 to 12.
- Board games club, every Monday 4.30pm to 6pm, for 6 years and over
- Manga club, alternate Tuesdays, 4pm to 5.30pm, for 10 years and over
- Creative writing for ages 6 upwards, every other Wednesday, 4pm to 5pm
- Little Bunnies: Baby and Toddler Mandarin Stories and Rhymetime. Learn Mandarin through songs, stories and play. Every Wednesday, 9.15am to 10am.
Access for people with disabilities
- Disabled parking
- WCs on ground floor and first floor, including disabled WCs and adult and baby change