Canada Water Library
21 Surrey Quays Road
Tel: 020 7525 2000
How to get to the library
Tube: Canada Water, Surrey Quays
Train: South Bermondsey
Bus: 1, 47, 188, 199, 225, 381, C10, P12
Ground floor lobby: for Culture Cafe, internet, book returns and quick choice selections
- Monday 8am to 8pm
- Tuesday 8am to 8pm
- Wednesday 8am to 8pm
- Thursday 8am to 8pm
- Friday 8am to 8pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday 10am to 4pm
- Monday 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday 9am to 8pm
- Wednesday 9am to 8pm
- Thursday 9am to 8pm
- Friday 9am to 8pm
- Saturday 9am to 5pm
- Sunday 12noon to 4pm
Children: weekly and monthly activities
- Bookstart session for under sixes, every Monday 10am to 11.30am, during term time only
- Board games club, every Monday 4.30pm to 6pm, for 6 years and over
- Baby Rhyme Time, every Tuesday, 2pm to 2.30pm
- Picture This is a fun club for children who love to draw, alternate Tuesdays, 4pm to 5.30pm, for 8 years and over.
- Russian Rhyme Time, Wednesday 10 June and 8 July, 9.15am to 10am. Learn about Russian culture and language through songs, stories and play. Join in on the second Wednesday of the month, during term time. For families with children under five.
- Little Bunnies: Baby and Toddler Mandarin Stories and Rhyme Time. Learn Mandarin through songs, stories and play. The first Wednesday of every month, 9.15am to 10am.
- Creative writing for ages 6 upwards, every other Wednesday, 4pm to 5pm. Term time only.
- Baby and Toddler session for under fives, every Thursday 11am to 11.45am
- Chatterbooks, First Thursday of every month, 4pm to 5pm. Age 8 to 12.
- Bookbusters, Listen to stories read aloud and take part in activities to match. Every Saturday, 2pm to 3.30pm. For age 4 and over.
Adults: weekly and monthly activities
- Special one-off author talks and events: please email Nuala Graham to join the mailing list
- Feel better with a book, every Monday 10am to 12pm
- Creative writing group, alternate Mondays, 1pm to 3pm
- Six Decades of Science Fiction book group, 6pm to 7pm on the following Mondays: 18 May, 15 June, 15 July, 24 August, 21 September, 19 October, 23 November and 14 December 2015. Please email Nuala Graham for more details
- Conversation cafe: English for speakers of other languages - a friendly drop-in session every Thursday, 11.45am to 12.45pm
- Daytime adult book group, fourth Thursday of every month, 2pm to 3pm
- Poetry group, first Thursday of the month, 6pm to 7pm
- Adult taster sessions, Third Thursday of every month, 6pm to 7pm.
Try your hand at a different skill every month - contact Bex Gilbert for more details
- Evening adult book group, second Thursday of every month, 6.45pm to 8pm
- Dice and Decks, fourth Thursday of every month, 7pm to 8pm. Geeky card and board games for adults
- Free computer classes and learning in libraries
What else is on offer
- Books, talking books, DVDs, Blu-ray films, CDs, PS3 and Wii games to borrow
- 41 study spaces for adults on the gallery floor
- Free internet access - 33 PCs available for public use
- Free Wi-Fi
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Culture Cafe
- Theatre, music, comedy and dance in the Culture Space
- Disabled parking
- WCs on ground floor and first floor, including disabled WCs and adult and baby change