Due to a technical issue, emails to the repairs and environment teams are not being received. Please try again tomorrow. For emergencies call: 020 7525 2000 (environment) and 0800 952 4444 (repairs)
Southwark transport plan 2011
The new Transport Plan for Southwark replaces our Local Implementation Plan.
The Transport Plan sets out how we will improve travel to, within and from the borough. It also sets out our long term goals and transport objectives for the borough (up to 20 years), a three year programme of investment, and the targets and outcomes we are seeking to achieve.
The Southwark Transport Plan responds to the revised Mayor's Transport Strategy (MTS), the emerging Sub-Regional Transport Plans (SRTPs), Southwark's Sustainable Community Strategy and other relevant policies.
The Transport Plan contains the following information:
- A snapshot of transport within the borough and the challenges we are seeking to address
- Our transport objectives covering the period 2011 to 2014 and beyond
- Delivery plan including a costed and funded plan of interventions, covering the period 2011 to 2014 and beyond
- Performance monitoring plan which will identify a set of performance indicators and locally specific targets which can be used to assess whether the plan is delivering its objectives and to determine the effectiveness of the delivery plan
Alongside this document each year we produce an annual report on the delivery of the transport plan.
This document contains the following information each year:
- Residents views on transport in Southwark as obtained from the National Highway Survey
- Information on how we are meeting transport challenges and details of initiatives to deliver the transport objectives
- Monitoring and delivery of transport improvements
- Information on our targets and how we are progressing against them