rating button

Southwark Council would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set.

You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice.

Jump to content | Change font size and colours |

| or register?

Choose a service...

We're building a new website...

Sections including Council Tax are available on our beta site. We're adding new sections all the time - we've recently added Business rates. Please give them a try and tell us what you think...

Find out more.


If you have overpaid your council tax and are the only person listed on the account, you can apply for a refund using our simple, secure, online refund application form.

If there is more than one liable person, you can still complete our online refund form. However, you will be required to attach either proof of payment or signed confirmation from ALL liable parties in order for the request to be processed. Alternatively, you can send a written request, signed by all parties, or contact us and we will send you a refund application form.

If the liable person has died

Please complete our online form to request a refund for someone who has died. We usually pay the refund to the deceased person’s estate. We can pay the refund to you if you’re the deceased person’s executor or representative.

You’ll need to provide us with:

  • a copy of the will
  • the grant of probate; or
  • letters of administration

If there's no will, or there is no executor or representative, you’ll need to confirm this in writing.

Bookmark this page

Share this page


Contact us

Southwark Council
PO BOX 64529
London SE1P 5LX

Useful contacts...

Follow us What is this?

  • RSS feed
  • youTube channel
  • twitter account
  • facebook fan
  • flickr photostream