Three sections - 'Council Tax' , 'Benefits and support' and 'Bins and recycling'- are now available on our beta site. Please give them a try and tell us what you think. We'll be adding more shortly.
Disabled parking permit - Blue Badge
The Blue Badge scheme is for people with severe mobility problems who find it difficult to use public transport. It allows the badge holder to park closer to their destination.
Blue badges are issued to those who meet the eligibility criteria, not to family members, carers or friends. The badge can be used in any car the badge holder is driving or is a passenger in.
Blue Badge Fee?
£10 will be charged for each badge issued, including renewals and replacements for lost or stolen badges, for any request received after 1 April 2016.
Who can get a Blue Badge?
You are eligible to apply for a badge if you are:
- registered blind
- receive a War Pension Mobility Supplement
- receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- receive a lump sum from the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme at tariff 1-8 and been assessed by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency as being unable or virtually unable to walk
- use a disabled person's care supplied by a government department
You may also be eligible to apply for a badge for yourself or a child over two years old if you/they:
- have a permanent and substantial disability which means you cannot walk, or which makes walking very difficult
- drive a motor vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms, and are unable to operate all or some types of parking meters, or would find it very difficult to operate them
Children under the age of 3 are eligible if they:
- must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around without great difficulty or
- need to be kept near a vehicle at all times, so that they can, be treated in the vehicle, or quickly driven to a place where they can be treated, such as a hospital
Applying for a blue badge
To apply for a blue badge please complete our online application.
Renewing your badge
It is the badge holders responsibility to be aware of their badge's expiry date and ensure that they apply with enough time for badge to be processed. You can apply to renew your badge by completing the renewal form. www.southwark.gov.uk/bluebadgerenewalform
Organisations caring for disabled people meeting the above criteria may be able to get a badge, but this is entirely at our discretion. For an application form please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 525 2146 or 0300 300 3602 .
Replacing your blue badge if it is lost or stolen
If your badge is stolen, report the theft to the police and they will provide you with a crime reference number.
If you lose your badge report it to the National Property Register and obtain an immobilise reference number. https://www.immobilise.com/
You will need a crime reference number or immobilise reference number to apply for a replacement badge. You can apply online using our simple online replacement form.
London congestion charge exemption
Blue Badge holders qualify for a 100 per cent exemption from the London congestion charge, but you must register with Transport for London at least 10 days before your journey and pay a one off £10 registration fee.
Parking in European countries
The Blue Badge scheme is recognised throughout Europe. The Institute of Advanced Motorists, an independent road safety charity, publishes a booklet with detailed information on using the Blue Badge in EU countries.