Southwark Council would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set.

You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy notice.

Jump to content | Change font size and colours |

| or register?

Choose a service...

Tenant and resident associations

A tenant and resident association (TRA) is a group of people in the same area who get together to look after their interests.

It is the council's policy to formally recognise TRAs whose membership is open to all the tenants and residents living on its estate or defined area and which are governed by a set of rules, called a constitution in line with the model constitution that we recognise.

Council recognised TRAs are entitled to

  • Receive funding from us through the Tenant Fund
  • Be represented at their local area housing forum, and
  • Be consulted on matters affecting the local community

TRAs hold regular meetings and represent their members interests to the council and other organisations. They also hold social events, which can be a good way of getting to know your neighbours. Get the address and phone number of your TRA from your area housing office.

To submit your ideas for resident participation please complete our resident involvement survey.

Bookmark this page

Share this page

Southwark Council resident involvement

Tel: 020 7525 3326



Contact us

Southwark Council
PO BOX 64529
London SE1P 5LX

More contacts...

Follow us What is this?

  • RSS feed
  • youTube channel
  • twitter account
  • facebook fan
  • flickr photostream
rating button