Southwark scholarship scheme
Planning to go to university in 2015 and live in Southwark?
Worried about getting into debt? Then read on...
We recognise that the prospect of leaving university with large debts may make people think twice about attending higher education to realise their potential.
That is why we created a scholarship scheme that could pay a contribution towards the cost of your university fee.
Applications for 2014 are now closed and applications for 2015 will open in December 2014.
Are you eligible?
The scholarship scheme will be allocated according to financial need. To be eligible you must:
• Not already have a degree, this must be your first degree
• Have a good academic record of achievement
• Have been resident in Southwark for a minimum of three years
• Have made a positive contribution to the community of Southwark
• Have a household income of less than £21,000
Proof of household income
You will need to prove that your household income is below £21,000.
This information is requested during the application process and you will need to ensure that you have electronic copies of the following documents so that you are able to upload some or all of the following documents to confirm income:
• Copy of your carer’s and/or carer’s partner’s P60 from April 2014
• Proof of Income Support
• Proof of Income based Jobseekers Allowance
• Proof of Income related Employment Support Allowance
If you are shortlisted you will be asked to supply evidence of your entitlement. Except for P60s proof must be dated in the last six months.