All new and existing Direct Debit payers registered with a MySouthwark account linked to their Council Tax account by 31 May 2017 will automatically be entered into our fantastic prize draw to get their Council Tax paid for a year. The prize is up to a maximum of the Band D Council Tax charge.
The draw will take place on 7 June 2017 and isn’t open to elected members, employees of Southwark Council (including agency workers) and their spouses.
Go paperless with eBilling via MySouthwark
Register online for MySouthwark at www.southwark.gov.uk/mysouthwark
Simply link your Council Tax account by clicking on My Council Tax and Benefits and you can view your account at any time, receive ebills and apply for discounts or exemptions.
Direct Debit is the simplest and most convenient way to pay Council Tax.
The prize winner must be paying by Direct Debit, and not be in arrears on the date of the prize draw.
Terms and conditions
- The prize draw is open to any person aged 18 and over, who is liable to pay Council Tax to Southwark council and has, or by 31 May 2017 set up, arrangements to pay their Council Tax:
- by Direct Debit for the financial year 2017/18 and,
- has signed up to a MySouthwark and have a linked Council Tax account
- Elected members and employees of Southwark council and their spouses will not be eligible for inclusion in the prize draw.
- You can win only once by having a registered MySouthwark linked Council Tax account and paying by Direct Debit.
- Arrangements to pay Council Tax by Direct Debit must be in place by 6pm on 31 May 2017.
- Sign-ups to MySouthwark must be completed by 6pm on 31 May 2017.
- All customers who pay their 2017/18 Council Tax liability by Direct Debit and are signed up to MySouthwark with a linked Council Tax account, as at 6pm on 31 May 2017 will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- Requests to pay by Direct Debit made after 31 May 2017 will be accepted and a Direct Debit will be set up as the new payment method, but will NOT be eligible for inclusion in the prize draw.
- Sign-ups to MySouthwark after 31 May 2017 will be accepted and an account set up, but will NOT be eligible for inclusion in the prize draw.
- The prize draw will take place on 7 June 2017.
- The prize draw will be overseen by the Director of Exchequer Services and the Head of Income Operations.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all customers that are registered with MySouthwark with a linked Council Tax account and paying by Direct Debit.
- The prize winner must be paying their Council Tax by Direct Debit and not be in arrears, as at the draw date of 7 June 2017.
- The prize winner will be notified in writing of the results as soon as practicable after the draw date.
- The name of the prize winner may be published in the local press, and council communications with the prize winner’s agreement.
- The outcome of the draw is final.
- There is only one prize.
- The prize winner will win their 2017/18 Council Tax liability paid, up to a maximum value of the average band D Council Tax charge.
- Payment of the prize will be made via a credit to the winner’s Council Tax account. If this results in an overpayment of the winner’s total outstanding Council Tax liability to Southwark council, the difference will be refunded to the prize winner. If the prize winner’s Council Tax liability for 2017/18 exceeds the maximum prize value, they will be liable to make payment of the outstanding balance to Southwark council.
- No alternative prize will be offered and the prize cannot be transferred to another person.
- Southwark council will notify the winner in writing.
Last updated: 26 May 2017