General Election 2017
A UK Parliamentary General Election is scheduled to be held on Thursday 8 June 2017.
- The deadline to register to vote is Monday 22 May. Anyone who is not yet registered to vote should apply now at www.gov.uk/registertovote.
- The deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm, Tuesday 23 May.
- British citizens living overseas and who have been registered to vote in the UK in the past 15 years are eligible to vote at this election. Anyone not yet registered should apply now at www.gov.uk/registertovote.
- Electoral Commission advice for British citizens living overseas who are not sure whether there is enough time for a postal vote to be sent to them and returned to the UK by polling day, is that they should apply for a proxy vote.
- On polling day, Thursday 8 June, polling stations will be open from 7am to 10pm.
- Information about voting at this election is available at www.yourvotematters.co.uk.
For further information on the general election, please visit the Electoral Commission’s website.
The guidance (pdf, 239kb) which can be found here provides information on the arrangements for the election in Southwark. Candidates and agents must ensure that they fully comply with the legal requirements for standing for election.
Electorate as at 8 May 2017
- Bermondsey and Old Southwark: 83,174
- Camberwell and Peckham: 82,080
All queries regarding nominations and candidates can be directed to:
- Frances Biggs
Head of Electoral Services
0207 525 7694
- Notice of alterations of 2017 Register of Electors (pdf, 10kb)
- Bermondsey and Old Southwark Notice of Election (pdf, 12kb)
- Camberwell and Peckham Notice of Election (pdf, 12kb)
- Bermondsey and Old Southwark Notice of Poll and persons nominated (pdf, 10kb)
- Camberwell and Peckham Notice of Poll and persons nominated (pdf, 11kb)
- Bermondsey and Old Southwark notice of election agents (pdf, 14kb)
- Camberwell and Peckham notice of election agents (pdf, 14kb)
- Bermondsey and Old Southwark situation of polling station notice (pdf, 25kb)
- Camberwell and Peckham situation of polling station notice (pdf, 26kb)
Last updated: 25 May 2017