2018 borough council elections
The 2018 borough council elections are scheduled to be held on Thursday 3 May 2018. All 63 Councillor seats are up for election. The previous local borough elections were in 2014 and the results can be viewed here.
For information about candidates standing in this local election please see our Election notices page.
Polling Stations: Due to the changes to Southwark’s wards and the subsequent polling district review that followed in 2017, there are several changes to polling stations being used for this election. Please check your Poll card as your polling station may have changed. The list of all polling stations can be viewed here (xlsx, 14kb).
Registration and voting by post or poxy
You can check if you are registered to vote by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vote by proxy - this is where someone else goes to your polling station on the day and votes for you. All completed applications must be received by electoral services by 5pm on Wednesday 25 April 2018.
Key dates and information
- Poll cards for electors on the 1 March 2018 register were delivered around 31 March 2018
- Electors registered by 1 April 2018 – Poll cards will be delivered on or around 12 April 2018
- Electors registered by the deadline 17 April 2018 – Poll cards will be delivered on or around 23 April 2018
- First batch of Postal votes will be issued on or around 16 April 2018 - For existing permanent absent voters and those who applied by 20 March 2018
- Second batch of Postal votes will be issued from around 18 April 2018 – For all electors who apply to vote by post between the 21 March and 9 April 2018
- The third batch of Postal votes will be issued from around 23 April 2018 - For all electors who apply to vote by post between the 10 April and 5pm 18 April 2018
You can download the timetable for the elections (pdf, 34kb) as produced by the Electoral Commission.
Notices for this election can be viewed here in due course.
Follow this link to view the map in full screen.
Information for candidates, election agents and interested parties can be viewed here.
Page last updated: 19 April 2018