Southwark Council is made up of 21 wards. Three councillors are elected from each ward, making a total of 63 councillors.
The Labour party currently has 48 councillors, the Liberal Democrat party has 13 and the Conservative party has two.
Elections for the council are held every four years. The last election took place on 22 May 2014.
The leader of the council is Cllr Peter John (Labour).
The council employs officers to carry out its policies and run services. Officers are managed by the Chief executive.
The council is made up of five departments:
- Chief Executive's Department
- Environment and Social Regeneration
- Finance and Governance
- Children's and Adults' services
- Housing and Modernisation
Contact your councillor
You can find your local councillors' contact details and surgery times below. Contact your local representative for advice and information or for help with a problem relating to the council.
- search for your councillor
- view councillors alphabetically and by ward
- Political make-up of Southwark (pdf, 1.1mb)
- view members expenses
- see agendas and minutes of council meeting
Last updated: 23 August 2017