IRIS (Identification and Referral to Improve Safety) is a domestic violence and abuse (DVA) training support and referral programme for GP surgeries.
We've been rolling out IRIS training in the borough since August 2015.
Core areas of the programme are:
- training and education
- clinical enquiry
- care pathways
- an enhanced referral pathway to specialist domestic violence services
IRIS is aimed at women who are experiencing DVA from a current partner, ex-partner or adult family member. IRIS also provides information and signposting for male victims and for perpetrators.
So far, Southwark has seen the following outcomes:
- a total of 20 surgeries are engaging with training, of which 9 are now fully trained and 7 are part trained
- a total of 94 clinical staff and 86 reception staff have now received training
- the project has received a total of 64 referrals
If you'd like further information on IRIS, go to their website or contact:
- the IRIS Clinical Lead Dr Liz Henderson at email@example.com
- the IRIS Advocate Educator Emma Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 03 August 2017