How to pay your bill
You’ll normally pay your business rates in 10 monthly instalments, on the first of the month from April to January.
If we send you a bill part of the way through the year, we’ll divide the amount into the number of instalments left in the year. If you receive a bill for previous years' charges, you must pay this within 2 weeks of the bill being sent.
Direct Debit is the simplest and most convenient way to pay. It’s also the only method that allows you a choice of payment dates - 1st or 15th of the month. Sign up to pay by Direct Debit.
You’ll need your business rates account number - this is the 7 digit number beginning with a 6 on the left hand side of your bill under your address.
Call 0845 600 0611 (find out about call charges) to pay by credit or debit card. Choose the option for non-domestic rates. You’ll need your 7 digit business rates account number that begins with a 6.
Direct bank payment (BACS)
What you’ll need:
- our sort code: 62-21-03
- our bank account number: 00000000
- your 7 digit business rates account number that begins with a 6
- if you’re paying for more than one account, please email a remittance advice to firstname.lastname@example.org (with a breakdown of the account number and payment amount) to make sure that there's no delay in allocating the payments to the accounts
If your payment is from an overseas bank account, you’ll need these bank details:
- our Bank Identifier Code (BIC): NWBK GB 2L
- our International Bank Account Number (IBAN): GB33 NWBK 5150 0327 7810 46
- please quote your 7 digit business rates account number (that begins with a 6) when making payment
Page last updated: 07 March 2018