Can I get Council Tax Reduction
You could get Council Tax Reduction if you’re on a low income or claim benefits. Your bill could be reduced by up to 100%, depending on your age, income, savings, household and circumstances.
You can apply if you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.
We might need to see documents to support your claim. We’ll tell you what you need to provide when you’ve completed the form.
The amount of Council Tax Reduction you could get depends on:
- your circumstances (for example whether you have children or a partner)
- your age - whether you're working age or pension age
- your income and capital (including benefits, earnings and savings)
- how much your Council Tax is
- how many children live with you
- how many adults live with you
Use an independent benefit calculator for an estimate of how much Council Tax Reduction you could get.
Page last updated: 03 May 2018