Debt and money advice
Information, advice and legal help in relation to money including negotiating with creditors, rescheduling debt, benefit or income maximisation, applications for administration orders, mortgage arrears, tax debts, and utilities bills.
Read about how to tackle priority debts, get debt advice, affordable credit and grants in You and your money booklet (pdf, 1.7mb) a guide to direct you to help and advice for financial concerns.
Free telephone advice
- Community Legal Service Direct free quality legal information and advice and how to find a solicitor or adviser in your area
- National Debt line or call 0808 808 4000
- Southwark Advice
- Capitalise London's Debt Reduction Partnership for details of services in Southwark and across London.
- Cambridge House Law Centre
- Debt Advice Foundation a national debt education and advice charity
- Debt Advice Forum where you can post anonymous queries and get advice from debt experts, as well as view responses to other people's queries
- Step Change debt advice charity
You can also visit the Citizens Advice advice guide
Page last updated: 11 June 2018